AAUW Empire State Virtual Branch members vote!
Do everything you can to encourage any Millennial women (18-31) you know or meet to VOTE. They need to develop our voting habit. Their vote is essential in this pivotal election year.
Do you want to know the significant legislation AAUW supported and how your incumbent Congressperson voted on these AAUW issues last session? Download a copy of the AAUW Congressional Voting Record to read and share. (available online at aauwaction.org)
This is a very brief summary of the six AAUW legislative issues found in more complete form in the Congressional Voting Record:
- D.C. school vouchers- AAUW opposes diverting scarce public funds to private institutions
- Campus Safety-would help stop sexual violence on campus
- Full- Year Spending-AAUW opposes cuts that “come at the expense of students, women & working families alone-All must share the burden”
- Cut, Cap & Balance-AAUW opposes because the solvency of the Social Security program, and cuts in welfare, Medicare, Medicaid (over ½ of those in poverty are women) would be affected.
- Paycheck Fairness Act-Pay Equity
- Pence/Reproductive Health- AAUW opposes any attempt to undermine Title X funding which is critical to improving women’s health & reducing unwanted pregnancies
FIND OUT HOW YOUR REPRESENTATIVE SCORED on these six AAUW issues. Go to http://aauw-nys.org/attached%20files/pp_voter_ed/NYS-CVR-112th%20Congress.pdf
US SENATOR- K. Gillibrand has a 100% record.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION can be found at http://aauw-nys.org/pp_gotv.htm
BE AN INFORMED VOTER. Vote for candidates who support our mission.
Nancy Mion, Empire State Virtual Branch Public Policy