This is how AAUW was involved in educating our New Yorkers, citizens and lawmakers, about the policies needed to advance our mission in fiscal 2014. These efforts were supported by your generous donations.
- AAUW Action Fund Lobby Corps made 43 visits to members of Congress from NYS.
- AAUW public policy staff provided materials for 36 events in NYS, including 26 Equal Pay Day events.
- AAUW staff, NYS members & members of Congress held a Women’s Economic Agenda event with Leader Pelosi and U.S. Rep. Carolyn Maloney
- New Yorkers sent 20,744 messages to Congress and the president through the Two-Minute Activist.
- AAUW Action Network provided free access in NY for alerts on NYS issues and events.
- An AAUW Impact Grant of $1,000 plus Public Policy staff resources was awarded to NYS for action on behalf of safer campus climates and paid sick days in NYS.
Use your voice, your hand and your heart; utilize your phone, your computer and your money to Make a Difference.
Nancy Mion AAUW ESVB Public Policy Chair